The PCAOB is a nonprofit corporation established by Congress to oversee the audits of public companies in order to protect the interests of investors and further the public interest in the preparation of informative, accurate and independent audit reports. The PCAOB also oversees the audits of broker-dealers, including compliance reports filed pursuant to federal securities laws, to promote investor protection.
The PCAOB is seeking highly motivated students for paid, full and part-time positions throughout the year. Successful candidates will provide support to the PCAOB’s Office of Economic and Risk Analysis (ERA) in the Washington, DC headquarters. ERA identifies and analyzes emerging audit and accounting issues that may present elevated risk of audit failure, and communicates these risks to the PCAOB’s other divisions.
As an Intern you will have the opportunity to gain a broad overview of trends and developments affecting audit firms and their audit clients and experience professional life before you’ve left school. You will also learn about, and use, analytical tools and methods and gain experience that will make you more marketable to prospective employers.
- To assist the Reports Desk with data validation and data collection.
- Assist with administrative function that track reports issued by the Reports Desk.
- Collect and analyze financial and non-financial information using the internet and subscription database services.
- Current academic enrollment at the undergraduate (Junior or above) or graduate level with an Accounting, Economics or Finance major;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to stay organized and meet deadlines
- Willingness to work as a team member
- Ability to be flexible, work independently and be self-motivated
The PCAOB encourages a spirit of cooperation and teamwork, and fosters an environment of professional growth where employees can exercise their leadership ability, creativity, technical competence, and public interest focus in helping the PCAOB fulfill its mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All PCAOB employees are entitled to equal opportunity and a professional work environment, free of discrimination and harassment. A workplace free of discrimination is fundamental to professional success and to the PCAOB's mission.