Who is TDS Telecom?
TDS Telecom, the seventh largest local exchange telephone company in the U.S., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. TDS Telecom provides 1.1 million connections to high-speed Internet, phone, and TV entertainment services to customers in more than a hundred rural, suburban, and metropolitan communities. TDS Telecom offers businesses the latest communications solutions, including: VoIP (managedIP Hosted) phone service, dedicated high-speed Internet and hosted-managed services. Please visit tdstelecom.com or tdsbusiness.com for more information.
TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, Wis., operates OneNeck® IT Solutions LLC, TDS Baja Broadband LLC, and BendBroadband. Combined, the company employs nearly 3,300 people.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000™ company, provides wireless; cable and wireline broadband, TV and voice; and hosted and managed services to approximately 5.8 million customers nationwide through its subsidiaries TDS Telecom and U.S. Cellular®. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Chicago, Telephone and Data Systems employs 10,100 people. Please visit teldta.com for more information.
Why Join TDS Telecom?
- TDS has an Intern Employee Resource Group (ERG) with the purpose to support a diverse and inclusive community of interns by providing resources for development, opportunities for internal advancement and forums to connect with other interns. This group meets once a month and allows you to hear from other interns about their projects as well as leaders within the organization about their team. They host networking events to get you connected within the organization with the goal of finding fulltime employment within TDS by graduation. Additionally, there are monthly social events with other interns throughout the Madison area
- An employer that places priority on employee development and training with a key focus on internal promotion
- Company culture emphasizes ethics & promotes a healthy life/work balance with a business casual work environment
- A challenging, fast-paced environment due to the continually evolving nature of the telecommunications industry and related technology
- Opportunity to work with talented and dedicated team members committed to each individual’s success
- TDS Telecom actively supports many local charities, University of Wisconsin activities, and community events and encourages all employees to participate in volunteer opportunities
- Obtain frequent exposure to, and interaction with, management across TDS Telecom
What Sets TDS Apart From the Competition? TDS has a laser focus on our customers that is supported by a great culture driven by the TDS mission and shared values. TDS strongly believes in partnering with local communities throughout the country and encourages all employees to participate in volunteer opportunities.
About the Accounting Internship Opportunity:
This position is responsible for assisting the Accounting team in ensuring compliance with internal controls and executing general accounting activities, including the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and in preparing financial statements and reports
- Prepare external filings
- Prepare and/or record journal entries
- Maintain and reconcile ledger and sub-ledger accounts
- Other dues as assigned (e.g. project support)
- Assist in the response to financial inquiries, including ad hoc data analysis using data sets as requested of Accounting team members, for use in effective management of the business
- Currently pursuing BS, BA, or AA degree in accounting or finance, or related field
- 1 + successfully completed semesters of related accounting or finance work required
- Working towards related professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFA)
- General understanding of GAAP, COSO, and Auditing pronouncements
- Strong technical aptitude, particularly in the development of Excel spreadsheets
- Experience working knowledge of financial statements and financial accounting
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to plan and organize multiple tasks
- Solid work ethic and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and on team assignments