As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project is a paid program that gives university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born. Piqued your interest?
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp:
- No more fetching coffee: Work on in-depth projects, emerging products and technologies that drive business results.
• Lifelong learning: Meet with mentors, make new friends, and attend learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts.
• Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do:
- Position Title: Analytics Developer Intern
• Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
• Expected start date to end date: April 30, 2018 - December 28, 2018
Purpose and Objectives
As part of the Analytics organization our team takes care SAP Business Objects BI products. BI Platform is a flexible and scalable information infrastructure designed to help customers easily discover and share insights for better business decisions. Our team is located in Vancouver, Shanghai, Bangalore and Paris. The Vancouver team is specifically covering the Crystal Reports for Enterprise product and BI Platform Server topics.
The team is also taking on the task of building Analytics on the Cloud. Do you want to help us build it? Are you a passionate coder who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, SAP HANA (in Memory) and modern Visualization? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
Expectations and Tasks
• Development and maintenance of Crystal Reports for Enterprise and BI Platform Server product
• Drive, design, and develop new features by working with Product Management, User Experience, and Software Testing to elaborate on the features, estimate task time, and then quickly write high-quality code for complex features.
• Automate workflows that not only help the product but also your fellow developers. This includes writing QA automation to test our web UI, creating internal tools to simplify processes and deployment, etc.
• Work in a scrum development project model, with a daily team scrum meeting, and a weekly production deployment
• Participate actively in requirement, design, and code reviews
• Working with other Engineering teams and Operations teams located at other SAP locations such as Shanghai, India, Germany and elsewhere.
• Be excited about keeping up with technology and changing tools, environments, and an agile development process where weekly zero-downtime deployments from trunk across multiple data centers world-wide is the norm.
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
Education and Qualifications / Skills and Competencies
• Currently in a degree from Computer Science or Engineering
• Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design
• Understanding of databases and web application servers
• Strong understanding of implementing and updating scalable, reliable, and efficient algorithms and data structures in the Java and C++ programming language
Skills and Competenies
• Strong technical and functional expertise, very good programming skills
• Cooperative attitude, excellent team player
• Distinctive ability to analyze abstract tasks and problems
• Ability to understand customer requirements
• Good communication skills
• Able to multi-task and work autonomously
What you can expect from us:
• An internship packed full of events to ensure you understand our technologies, our competitive landscape, our culture and our leadership philosophy
• Community of mentors and volunteer engagement teams to join and lead
• Collaborative open-concept work environment in the heart of Yaletown
• Games room, fitness classes, massage therapist, and 24/7 access to onsite gym
• Well-stocked snacks, coffee, teas, sodas and candy