Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
- 12-week summer program (May 21st – August 10th)
- 40 hours per week – PAID
- Deadline for applicants is March 2, 2018
- Based out of the Regional office in Albertville, MN, with travel up to 50% of the time across MN, WI, MI and Fargo
- Must have reliable transportation to get to/from work and to travel as needed
College Transcript required at time of application (Unofficial Accepted)
Border States Electric Internship program aims to provide our interns with challenging, real-world projects specific to their career path. The Regional Intern - Engineering will have a solid understanding of the department they work in, as well as the overall business. The internship program aims to provide our interns with challenging, real-world projects specific to their career path. They work within the department on day to day projects; which include but are not limited to activities related to process improvement, project management, data support, reporting, documentation, and other assigned responsibilities.
- Essential Functions
- Works within the department on day to day projects. Projects will include but not be limited to activities related to process improvement, project management, data support, reporting, documentation, and other assigned responsibilities.
- Collaborates with various departments throughout the company.
- Builds relationships through meetings, events and one-on-ones with key leadership and employees.
- Assists with putting together Office/Engineer Trainings and take part in presentation of training
- Researches and gathers product data including description, specifications, and photos, to use on BSE E-Commerce site.
- Assists with metering on the back side
- Assists with Total Customer Cost Management process by gathering and entering data such as cost savings into SAP
- Participates in on-site customer projects, including part identification (Crib Crawl) and assists with customer part number identification at the customer's location.
- Travels with Application Engineers to customer sites for meetings or training.
- Assists with events, shows and conferences.
- Travels with Application Engineers to customer events.
- Works on professional development through trainings, group projects and community involvement. Non-essential Functions
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or other designate
- Currently pursuing a BS/BA Degree in Engineering, preferably Electrical or Mechanical
- Students must have completed their sophomore year, have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be eligible to work in the United States
- Strong knowledge of business office procedures, office equipment operation, data entry/keyboarding skills and communication systems helpful.
- Prefer strong knowledge of PC for Windows and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint).