- Headquarters: New York, NY
- Size: 501 to 1000 employees
- Founded: 2004
- Type: Company - Private
- Industry: Manufacturing
- Revenue: Unknown / Non-Applicable
Position:Brand Marketing Intern
Location: NYC Headquarters
Who are we?
Since its founding in 2004, KIND has been on a mission to make the world a little kinder one snack and one act at a time. KIND was born out of its founder’s desire to create a snack that was healthy and tasty, wholesome and convenient. What began as a line of premium Fruit & Nut bars sparked the creation of an entirely new healthier snacking category. Today, KIND has a family of snacks that offer solutions for a variety of different occasions.
From the healthy snacks we make, to the way we work, live and give back, we are committed to making the world a little kinder, because we believe that there’s more to business than just profit.
We're looking for passionate, conscious collaborators to help us meet our goals: to inspire kindness, with one tasty snack (and good act) at a time. If you’re looking to be a part of an inspiring, energetic and entrepreneurial environment, you found the right place.
What you’ll do
As a Brand Marketing Intern you will gain experience in the day to day brand management of the KIND Energy & Nutrition category. You will help uncover key insights, identify how these insights are relevant to the business, and figure out how to implement them into KIND’s brand marketing strategy. You will have the opportunity to apply your education to a professional setting, while gaining valuable experience and skills. In this position, you will learn and apply our processes, and understand industry best practices and trends. In addition, you will also be able to recommend improvements and impact change.
You will work directly with the brand marketing team to support a variety of cross-functional marketing projects, including one capstone project to be presented at the end of the internship. And this is how you’ll do it…
Support Innovation projects
- Use data analytics to drive key marketing decisions
- Assist in the marketing planning process including creative executions, sales decks and marketing support tools
- Dive deeper into KIND’s consumer target and consumer research
Gain experience in day to day brand management
- Work directly with the brand marketing team to support a variety of cross-functional marketing projects
- Learn how to leverage results to optimize strategy to inform media & campaign planning
- Understand/learn about campaign measurement techniques
Develop your business acumen
- Ownership over an individual project that will impact the business & present your findings at the conclusion of the internship.
- Network and learn through events and training onsite.
What you’ll bring to KIND
- Learnings from your completed courses pertaining to this area of focus.
- Experience from previous internship or work experience.
- Fresh perspective and an insatiable curiosity.
- A collaborator who is comfortable working in a team setting.
- Down to earth, fun and have a “work hard, play hard” mentality.
- A results oriented self-starter.
- Curious with a constant desire to learn.
- A problem solver with the ability to prioritize competing tasks.
- Genuine in your desire to help make the world a kinder place, committing to always spreading and celebrating kindness.
- Enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate college/university and are in good standing.
- Declared your major and it’s in a similar area of interest to the internship.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office; specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- An interest in pursuing a career in marketing
- Availability to commit to our team for 10 weeks (beginning the end of May).
- Passion for KIND’s core values and mission.
- Experience from a previous internship experience
What KIND offers
- Hands-on learning experience at a fast paced, high growth company.
- Casual dress code – wear your KIND gear.
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and KIND environment.
- The opportunity and responsibility to be KIND everyday.
At KIND, we are committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. KIND is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
Keyword: intern, brand marketing, marketing intern, marketing