The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Communications and Public Relations Intern. As a Communications and Public Relations Intern, you will support the G4S North America Marketing and Communications Team with internal and external content and develop strategies for improving and enhancing overall corporate communications strategies. Duties include writing and distributing announcements, press releases and newsletters. Other duties include maintaining and updating the regional intranet, assisting with website content and assisting with events.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Write press releases, internal announcements, website copy and newsletters
- Distribute and track email communications
- Maintain and develop company intranet and provide intranet user support
- Maintain editorial calendar
- Contribute to team brainstorming sessions
- Conduct market research
- Assist with event planning
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have completed at least two semesters of college education
- Be a current undergraduate or graduate student attending an institution of higher learning in the U.S., or have graduated from a qualifying program within one year of beginning the internship
- Must have a declared major, minor, or concentration in one of more of the following: private security, criminal justice, marketing, communications, English, public relations, or business
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess strong writing and editing experience
- Must have familiarity with Website Content Management systems
- Must have familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 19 years old on or before the first day of the internship
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major Activity: Working on PC while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, and limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.