The VCG team is comprised of experienced consultants and executives that partner to create immediate and long-term value in functions such as corporate development, sales and marketing, customer operations, and product and technology, among many others.
The team serves as strategic guides that work with company executives to develop and implement strategies to unlock value in their specialized functions. They work with executives to plan and prioritize key value creating initiatives, create foundational cornerstone projects that reach across portfolio, and assist with company level hiring and activity.
VCG has access to resources that allows for vendor consolidation and combined purchasing power creates economies of scale and access to best in breed providers for the portfolio. This vendor management capability harnesses synergies by identifying purchasing trends, products, and service commonalities, improves end-to-end sourcing, creates preferred vendor relations across the portfolio creates consistent methodologies and beneficial consistency, and provides specialized services for niche needs.
VCG provides thought leadership by lending their subject matter expertise and working alongside portfolio executives in best practice creation. They aim to drive effectiveness of those best practices, creating immediate value to our portfolio companies. Through portfolio-wide events and centers of excellence, the team facilitates peer to peer sharing of lessons learned within the executive community. In addition to executive sharing events, VCG implements a unique portfolio leadership program that enables continuous learning and executive development.
As a Vista Consulting Analyst Summer Intern you will be working with VCG team members and our Portfolio companies to create long term value and drive tangible results. You will assist in outlining the value creation plan and implementing the Vista Best Practices across a variety of functions. You will also support a Consulting Director by providing leverage on the highest strategic priorities for the Value Creation practice. Throughout the duration of your 10 week internship, you’ll learn the basics of the consulting toolkit alongside the Vista Best Practices that have continually driven results and impact
Interns will work on value creation initiatives than span the different functional areas of our companies (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Corp Dev, Finance, Ops, and Product), driving immediate impact for our portfolio companies.
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: 10 Weeks
Timing: Early June - Mid August
- Analytics & Modeling
- Directly supporting a managing director and providing leverage on the highest strategic priorities for the Value Creation practice
- Providing analytical support and modeling for value creation projects and initiatives
- Presenting analysis in a logical, credible, and thorough manner
- Building client ready deliverables and work product that are structured in accordance with best-in-class consulting standards
- Developing fact-based conclusions that are supported by findings, evidence and data
- Jumping in where the team needs capacity and learning as you go along!
- Undergraduate students that are graduating in Spring 2019 or Winter 2018
- High degree of personal and professional maturity
- Innovative problem-solving skills to tackle a variety of finance, strategy, marketing, and operations challenges
- Intellectual curiosity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of success and accountability
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, working on conflicting priorities simultaneously, while meeting deadlines
- We value a variety of backgrounds and majors to bring a multifaceted approach to problem solving within our organization