Office Located in West Hattiesburg, MS (39402- Oak Grove)
If you are looking for a coffee grabbing and errand running internship, this is not the position for you. While pursuing your degree, are you looking to gain hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment with real opportunity for full-time employment, and get paid? Eagle might be the internship you are looking for!
Eagle Transportation is one of the fastest growing Third Party Logistics companies in the country and currently ranked in the Top 1% of all 3PLS. A major part of our success and growth comes from our people, who are committed to providing and maintaining our high standards of service to each of our customers and carriers, no exceptions.
As an intern, you are trained from the ground up how to provide the same quality service. You are directly paired with our Logistics Coordinators, Account Executives, Team Leaders and Managers to coach you on cultivating and maintaining close relationships with our customers and carriers. By working with the different departments and teams, you are exposed to multiple sides of the industry; such as operations, sales, management, customer, and carrier service. Expanding your skills as an Intern lays the foundation of our industry and introduces you to the core fundamentals involved in our Management Trainee Program.
- Comprehensive and continuous training of the industry, types of trailers, equipment, transportation software, and the fundamentals of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- Assist teams by arranging customers shipments with authorized motor carriers.
- Perform each task involved in the dispatching process.
- Communicate with drivers to negotiate rates, schedule pickup/delivery appointments.
- Gathering, updating, organizing data to maintaining Customer and Prospect documentation and files are qualified for dispatching, administration and billing departments.
- Conduct motor carrier references, perform check calls in order to track and trace, confirm location, temperature readings and ETAs of carriers, closing out a delivered loads.
- Complete other operational duties as needed.
- Excellent customer service skills - Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint is imperative
- Problem-solving abilities
- Work experience in sales, management and customer service is preferred
- Ability to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment works well in teams or independently
- Strong desire to learn, adapt and grow
- Effectively speak over the phone and in-person with people from various backgrounds and cultures.
- Fast learner with the ability to learn new software systems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to use analytical and mathematical skill to compute rates based on various means.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus, but not required (speak, read, and write)
Eagle Transportation is open to all degree fields and areas of study. Degree fields include, but are not limited to the following:
- Business Administration
- International Business
- Must be a rising Junior, Senior projected to graduate from a 4-year university in 2017, 2018; or recent graduate.
- Minimum hours able to work: 15-20 hours throughout the week, Monday - Friday during business hours only (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) at the office located in Hattiesburg, MS 39402 - No weekends. We are flexible with your class schedule.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Paid Internship with opportunity for full-time employment.
- Casual dress attire.
- Close knit community; office softball team, social activities, golf outings, company picnics, philanthropy events
Relocation cost is not offered or provided at this time. By applying for this position, candidates acknowledge the policy, location of the position and understands that relocation will be entirely the candidate's responsibility.