Slack is looking for an intern to work alongside our People Team as a data analyst for the summer of 2018. This internship is a unique opportunity for someone pursuing a BA or BS in a quantitative field who wishes to gain hands-on experience working with data to help improve reporting and analytics for our human resources function. You will have the opportunity to work with a small and collaborative team and will be paired with one of our senior analysts who will act as your mentor throughout the summer. Together you will help Slacks People Team better understand what our employees are most passionate about and how to attract and retain talent in a highly competitive marketplace.
Our ideal candidate will understand the fundamental concepts of probability and statistics, have strong quantitative and logical reasoning skills, as well as excellent communication skills and be able to tell a clear story using data. You will have the opportunity to work with a small and collaborative team, so were looking for someone who is naturally curious, has a positive attitude, and an eagerness to jump in and help fix things!
Build and improve HR data and develop scalable and repeatable processes
- Partner with Recruiting, People Partners, and Rewards Team to develop a database to house all of our people data
- Work on data integrity, identify bad data and remove duplicates
Positive can do attitude and growth mindset
- Detail orientation with ability to identify nuances in large data-sets
- Comfort doing online research and compiling massive amounts of information
- People oriented and ability to partner with individuals at all levels
- Comfortable and flexible working in a rapidly changing environment
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint (should be strong in vlookups and pivot tables)
- Graduating December 2018 or later
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have eight offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.