DSET is Abt’s full-service technology, data, and innovation partner, offering expertise across the entire spectrum of data — from the initial capture, to data wrangling and analytics, and data visualization and dissemination. They combine deep experience in developing, conducting and capturing high-quality data via complex surveys with an ability to normalize, analyze and transform data into actionable insights.
Abt Associates seeks bright, talented, and intellectually curious students to add to our talent pipeline. As a paid intern in the Data Science, Surveys, and Enabling Technology Division / Data Science Group you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience while being exposed to challenging projects and learning from some of the top experts in the field. Interns will be exposed to a depth and breadth of expertise and knowledge through events and programs throughout the summer. Our summer internship program consists of a robust and structured curriculum that encompasses professional development opportunities, networking events, and a mentorship program. This position is located in Rockville, MD.
The Summer Internship Program at Abt Associates is 10 weeks, beginning June 4 through August 10, 2018. Interns must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) for the duration of the program. Abt Associates does not provide housing.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Data Cleaning (Excel, Python)
- Stats analysis (Excel, Python)
- Scraping data from the web (Python)
Department / Division Qualifications
- Is currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate level degree program
- Strong capability in Excel
- Experience with Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, or alternative GUI visualization platform
- Background in HTML/CSS.
- Some experience designing interactive graphics, infographics and data visualizations
Program Minimum Qualifications
- Has completed at least two years of college coursework
- Maintains a GPA of at least 3.2
- Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Is available to work full-time throughout the 10 week internship
- Is eligible to work in the United States
- Transitioning military are encouraged to apply
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.