Desktop Support Intern:
This position exists to provide second level desktop support services to internal LexisNexis employees (end users). Incidents and requests from end users will involve the support of desktop computers, laptop computers, Windows and Macintosh operating systems, application software, networking, mobile devices including iPhones and iPads and printers
The Desktop Support Co-op/Intern is an ongoing, part-time position at Reed Elsevier Technology Services supporting LexisNexis and other RELX Group company employees. Individuals in this position will typically work 20 hours per week while taking classes and will be responsible for:
- Delivering and installing desktop and laptop systems including data migration, software installation and assistance to end users
- Providing general end user enterprise desktop/laptop/mobile device support
- Resolving end user incidents that may include but are not limited to hardware, operating system, software, printing, mobile devices and connectivity.
- Requires Windows/Mac/iOS technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be customer service oriented and work well on a team.
- Must be working toward an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, e.g. MIS, CS or Business.
This position is part of Reed Elsevier Technology Services (RETS), which provides IT infrastructure, services and support for RELX Group business divisions worldwide. RETS is responsible for global data center operations for the company's applications, product platforms and business systems; end-user computing; enterprise services; a global service desk; IT security and governance and end-to-end IT management. RETS is leading strategic technology initiatives including a new global-wide area network, unified employee communications and migration of products to the cloud. RETS, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.