Hayes Software Systems mission is to empower school administrators and positively impact the lives of as many students as we can. Since launching in 1990, we now support over 6 million students. This includes serving 34 of the largest 100 school districts in the country. We transform school operations with efficient and accountable asset inventory management oversight with infrastructure, software, professional development, and consulting expertise to control the use of technology and instructional resources in the classroom. And we do it with innovative software, a dynamic services team, and a competitive fire that drives us to be the best in the industry.
- Perks: We want to help you build a solid career and we want to make sure youre having fun while you do it. Thats why we have an open work environment, casual dress, free snacks and drinks, free parking and regularly scheduled social events.
- Health: We recently earned the title of Austins 2nd Fittest company! But dont sweat it. We thrive on diversity at Hayes. Whether you are fueled by filtered water, La Croix, or Diet Mountain Dew, weve got you covered. Some days we have donuts. Some days we have a veggie tray. Some people prefer a nap in the hammock room to joining in on one of our employee organized group work outs. Whatever makes you happy, thats going to help keep you healthy.
- Nearby walking path
- Free onsite gym
- Healthy snacks
- Your Work Matters: Impacting the education system, helping schools stay organized and save money, so they can focus on what really matters: educating students for a brighter future.
If youre looking to gain relevant experience in the marketing industry (no running for coffee here), while making great industry connections and building a notable resume, this is the role for you. We have a lot of exciting things planned for 2018 and need a dynamic, motivated, and hyper-organized intern to join our growing team in Austin, TX. Youll work with the marketing team to develop, grow, and expand our marketing channels through social media outreach, events, PR efforts, blogging, and email. The position is a paid ($10-$15/hour), part-time internship, with a time commitment of 15-25 hours per week. Note: This is a spring internship, with the potential of continuing through the summer based on performance. Position slated to start immediately and can work around classes.
Qualifications and Skills
- College student majoring in marketing/communications/business desired
- Self-motivated: you proactively identify areas to improve and take initiative to get things done
- Familiarity with all aspects of social media: you know the mechanics of social media and want to apply some creativity to help us grow our presence online
- Extremely organized and excellent attention to detail: your closet is organized by color/material/season oryou can prove how you keep yourself (and others) prepared and on task
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills: you feel comfortable communicating with varying personality types and enjoy friendly debates about dogs, cats, football, and/or reality TV
- Outside-the-box problem solving skills: its easy to identify a problemwe need someone who can come up with possible solutions
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with the preparation, creation, and deployment of campaigns (emails, blogs, press, etc.)
- Develop new social media campaigns and monitor social channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- Maintain tracking reports of digital and traditional marketing efforts
- Assist in the planning and hosting of trade shows and other marketing events
- Work closely with sales team to ensure they have the resources they need for on-site visits, conferences, and other marketing events
- Analyze Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and web traffic data to develop and adjust marketing plans