Do you want to help analyze data and do the analysis needed to contribute to solving our nation’s most critical problems? Do you want to be mentored by engineers and scientists that are experts in their fields? Do you want to join over 300 other interns for a summer full of learning, networking and fun?
MITRE’s people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges. We are different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world.
Our workplace reflects our values. We want you to come as an intern and then join us upon completing your degree so that you can experience the gratifying work, our competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth.
MITRE is seeking an intern to support our Center for Finance and Administration organization. Working in the public interest, you will support internal and external financial reporting, modeling, forecasting and analysis. This important work will be conducted in our McLean, VA office.
- Potential responsibilities include:
- Coordinate activities and information sharing with Business Partners, other MITRE FFRDC's and operating units
- Analyze and diagnose business drivers and variances to budget using various financial systems
- Communicate financial results effectively with powerful visual narratives and story-telling
- Develop financial projections using various methods including historical trends, statistical analysis, and other predictive techniques
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements, compile data, and build financial tools