How you’ll contribute
• Support finance team with the preparation of monthly reports regarding endowments, budget variances, allocations, labor, utilization, project and investment tracking, and other reports as necessary.
• Configure and customize dashboards and reports to meet the needs of research centers and administrative departments.
• Build ad-hoc financial models and analytics.
• Assist with Jamis Prime related tasks: including, but not limited to, budgeting and forecasting.
• Provide additional support to the finance team.
What you’ll bring
• Rising junior or senior pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
• Knowledge of GAAP principles
• Advanced Excel skills
• Strong communications and presentation skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team
• Experience with Hyperion Essbase, and/or JAMIS Prime is a plus
• Relational database experience like Microsoft Access
What you’ll experience
• Participation in our New Intern “Welcome” Orientation
• Network with Researchers, Senior Professionals and others who will support your professional growth and career interests
• Participate in intern specific workshops and networking events designed to advance your professional development and build your soft skills
• Engage in team building activities that forge new friendships with other Urban Interns
• Receive informal feedback and mentoring from your intern manager
• Present the value of your contribution and what you learned during our End of Summer Lightning Talks
• Intern Program Dates: May 21st - July 27th, 2018
The Urban Institute is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected status under applicable law.
The Urban Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -Minorities/Women/Disabilities/Veterans.