Experience Level: Intern
Austin, TX and Boston, MA
Intern Life At Silicon Labs
We love our interns! Spend your summer solving real-world problems through projects essential to Silicon Labs. You will be guided by superstar mentors who have a vested interest in your success. And don’t worry, you’ll still have plenty of opportunities to learn and network through our social events, game nights, and volunteer opportunities. Share a Day in the Life of a Silicon Labs Intern! Youtube.com/viralsilabs
What You’ll Do
We have lined up an exciting group of projects for our firmware engineering interns! Here are just a few of the challenges you might get to tackle:
- Work with IoT Engineers to write a dotdot demo for Thread applications using embedded C
- Help our Broadcast team develop digital signal processing firmware for automotive radio and audio ICs. Your project will include DSP firmware specification, design and debugging, prototype validation and other activities to support full high volume production.
- Develop a new mesh networking reference design and progress it through the Silicon Labs release process, including work with revision control systems, code reviews, and quality assurance on both simulated and physical hardware.
You are an innovator, builder, and problem solver. You have a curious mind and a drive to succeed. You want to work with a global team of technology enthusiasts and software pioneers. Here’s what you need:
- Completion of 2+ years of study
- Enrollment in BS/MS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related degree plan
- Understanding of 8-bit and 32-bit microcontroller firmware development including coursework in embedded programming or scripting
Apply what you’ve learned in school to build real world applications and solutions. You’ll work on a small, collaborative team of engineers, and receive close guidance from the industry’s best engineers. You will join a community of fellow interns and alumni who engage and empower your excellence. Take it from our previous interns:
“I absolutely loved my team this summer. Both my manager and mentor were awesome in providing me work and letting me feel useful to the team.” – S.D., University of Texas at Austin
“I’ll be working on three different projects during the course of my internship and each project has a different technology that I’ll be working on. This is exactly what I wanted from my internship.” – P.M., Texas A&M University
“It was a good match in that I was able to try a variety of different tasks and jobs, which was very rewarding..” T.T., Olin College of Engineering
More About Silicon Labs:
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
Come spend your summer with us and discover why we attract the best and brightest!