When you join Celestica, it's more than just a job. It's about being part of a team of uniquely talented and forward-thinking individuals who are passionate about what they do. It's about joining one of the world's leading product and supply chain solutions companies and contributing to our innovative and collaborative customer solutions.
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) is a US$5.6 billion global leader in the delivery of end-to-end product lifecycle solutions spanning design, assembly, supply chain optimization and after market support. From advanced medical devices to highly engineered aviation systems, to next-generation hardware solutions for the Cloud, Celestica manages complexity for our customers and sets the bar for quality and reliability.
Our global network spans 13 countries with 26,000 employees throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. Our Toronto headquarters is focused on attracting top talent into our organization, including interns from universities and colleges throughout Southern Ontario.
Celestica's internship program provides students with valuable development through real-life work experience, exciting projects and networking with industry professionals.
Benefits for Students Include:
- Experience working for one of the largest global technology companies based in Canada
- Possibility of a student on-call position after completion of internship
- Possibility of a full-time position after completion of degree
- Access to Celesticas development programs and project work
- 16 hours of paid time off to volunteer through Celestica's Time Off to Volunteer program
- Activities to engage and motivate interns including celebration events and networking
- Internal recognition programs and rewards for stellar performance
- Discount programs including Perkopolis, Toronto Celclub (internal discount program) and Goodlife fitness
Whats in it for you?:
Job experience in one of few Canadian-based global companies
We look to our employees to implement new ideas and improve the way we do things
Students work as part of global teams, empowered by collaborative technology
We uphold strong ethics, reduce our impact on the environment and empower employees to give back to the community with two paid days off per year to volunteer
- Development opportunities including soft skills courses, innovation projects and mentorship
- Networking: Our students have the opportunity to network and develop lasting relationships with one another and their team members
Our interns have the opportunity to participate in fun activities including intern social events, Celesticas charitable initiatives and our Fireball Days spirit activities
Area: Global Business Services
Start Date: May 2018
Incumbents carry out assignments within well-defined practices, procedures and policies. Works independently on details of assignments, and has limited decision-making authority; most decisions are made or guided by the immediate supervisor. Decisions/actions may have an impact on the department's/divisions goals. Establishes cooperative relationships to work effectively with colleagues; supports others and participates as a team member, and takes responsibility for own work commitments. Interacts directly with immediate supervisor, co-workers and team members; engages in routine exchanges of information; interactions with external contacts, if applicable, would be monitored. Strong initiative is required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Interfaces regularly with persons of higher positions.