Evans & Chambers Technology (EC) is urgently seeking a highly motivated Human Resources student to work with our solutions-driven organization. EC is focused on solving National Security and Defense challenges through smart IT solutions.
Position requires 10 hours per week, 40 hours per month
Human Resources Management
* Assist with day-to-day HR administrative management
* Manage and maintain Human Resources systems and databases
* in partnership with Office Manager, plan and coordinate company and department events
Recruitment and Selection
* Working in partnership with Human Resources and Hiring Managers in identifying and qualifying candidates for available positions.
* Create, place, and maintain position advertisements on standard posting sites as well as other requested internet and print media locations. Research and post positions on veteran and disabled job posting/recruiting portals.
* Assist in selection of qualified candidates by screening applicant resumes
* On an as needed basis, schedule interviews for positions
* Conduct reference checks on final candidates utilizing standard reference checking procedures
* Assist with the collection of required candidate information and/or documents training development
* Assist in the development and presentation of training materials for Human Resources related
topics: performance evaluation best practice, interviewing how-to, values, and ethics training.
* Assist in compilation of employee engagement survey, distribution, collection of results and implementation of changes
* Assists HR Director with various research projects and/or special projects.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
* In pursuit of Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, or a related field. Must be a Junior or Senior in good standing with a 2.8 GPA or better.
* High level of attention to detail along with strong multi-tasking skills required.
* Demonstrated ability to work well independently as well as with teams, gained through prior professional work history or undergraduate degree program.
* Related Internship experience in a Human Resources or Recruiting department preferred, but not required.
* Interest in advancing professionally in the field of human resources and recruiting preferred.
* Prior work experience in an administrative support role helpful.
* Must demonstrate personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity in addition to being resourceful and flexible, which is inherent in this position.
* Must be a US Citizen
* Residency in a HUB zone is required. To determine if you reside in a hub zone, visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/
This position engages subject matter experts in areas that are in the National headlines of the daily news. Gain exposure and have impact in Immigration, Counterterrorism and Insider Threat issues while assisting with the integration of these solutions through customer and employee engagement. Our clients praise our work, customer service, and intelligent solutions.