Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker’s 2016 Revenue was 11.41 B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.5B of SBD annual revenue. The Global Tools & Storage Division manufactures and markets power tools, hand tools and power tool accessories under the brands of DEWALT, Black & Decker, Stanley, Bostitch, Porter-Cable and many more.
Stanley Black & Decker is currently looking for an Industrial Design Intern in the Global Tools & Storage division to join its summer internship program. Our internship program allows students the opportunity to obtain valuable, applicable work experience in a fast-paced, and challenging environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute in product development in a team format via ideation/sketching/rendering and prototyping.
- Online and in field research
- Product graphic development.
- Painting, mock ups, color studies, brand development and some office tasks
- Junior or Senior level academic progress through an accredited university Industrial Design Program.
- Solid hand and digital sketch skills
- Working knowledge of CAD modeling in either full parametric or surfacing software
- Solid command of Adobe Creative Suite Software – Primarily Photoshop and Illustrator
EEO Statement All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.