The Information Technology Internship is designed to provide well rounded exposure to IT functions while fulfilling work assignments in a support capacity. The IT Intern will provide basic technical assistance and support in software application development, which includes installing and configuring software components required for the development of prototypes in emerging technologies.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a relevant college degree program at the time the internship will be served - either at the graduate or upper undergraduate level. Enrollment in a Computer Science or Information Technology degree program is preferred. Background check may be conducted. Must have an acceptable GPA
* Basic knowledge of Web and database design / development
* Basic technical skills and aptitude with ability to provide end-user support
* Expertise in programming languages like Python and R
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Ability to employ a customer service approach and to present technical information with clarity to non-technical users
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
* Ability to be dependable and to meet schedules / timelines
* Ability to prioritize projects and services for minimum user interruption and downtime
* Well organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Financial background helpful.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public