At Sargento, we "hire good people and treat them like family." Balance in Life, Recognition, Humor and Fun and Excellence are part of who we are and how we work. In addition to manufacturing and marketing amazing natural cheese products, we give generously to our communities because Sargento believes in family.
Sargento Information Technology offers you the opportunity to lead project(s) which are aligned to Sargento's corporate strategic objectives. Sargento IT's role is to provide proactive, effective and current technology to drive the Sargento business. Intern(s) will manage a specific project (or set of projects) and report their successes to executive management. Example projects could include: create or improve a process, test a proof of concept, implement a new technology, provide strategic recommendations and/or deliver a technology project.
Our intern assignments are real work designed to allow you to experience, first-hand, the type of work we do. As an intern, you can make an impact on the business as well as build your analytical, technical and leadership skills. You'll have an individualized work plan that will guide you throughout the summer and you'll get coaching from your immediate manager throughout your internship. IT interns also interact cross-functionally with other interns through the company.
Your assignment may include projects across any of our four functional areas: IT Strategy & Architecture, Applications & Analysis, Infrastructure & Operations, Governance & Continuous Improvement.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following:
* Builds strong relationships and cross-functional partnerships quickly
* Improves processes with analysis and creativity
* Applies the data to identify trends or other meaningful insights.
* Demonstrates general understanding of the basics of project management.
* Is familiar with common IT methodologies (SDLC, ITIL, ITSM)
* Performs analyses of data used for decision making
* Thinks critically with an inquisitive mind
* Understandings the "big picture" and underlying strategic issues
* Develops solutions to complex problems
* Brings fresh perspective and effectively communicates advantages to such perspectives/ideas. Promotes ideas with confidence.
* Has some external benchmarking with regard to performance standards and best practices
* Structures presentations in straightforward, efficient manner
* Writes effectively; able to provide a short synopsis and recommendation
* Converses in technical and business language with ease
No direct supervision of employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must be seeking a Bachelors of Science degree (BS) and entering his/her Junior year or above. Seeking a degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong computer and MS Office Suite skills are necessary for this position, including word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software, Internet, and e-mail. Knowledge of most office equipment.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, analyze scenarios, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of inputs instructions in analytical form and deal with both abstract and concrete variables.