WGL Holdings, Inc., is a public utility holding company located in the United States that serves customers in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. The company's Washington Gas Light Company subsidiary distributes natural gas to more than one million customers.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provides environmental compliance assistance under the supervision of mid- to senior-level environmental specialists and/or the Environmental Manager.
- Assists with maintaining Environmental Dept. records and performing research tasks. Develops and maintains databases using MS Excel or SharePoint. Assists in manual and electronic filing, and in the development of our internal Environmental Management Information System (EMIS).
- Performs field sampling and other field activities at construction sites and company facilities. Assists specialists in environmental audits, inspections, and reconnaissance.
- Supports specialists by assisting in preparing reports, memos, data tables, permit applications, maps, etc.
- Provide environmental compliance support on company specifications and procedures.
Skills & Abilities
- Rising Junior in an accredited University in pursuit of Bachelor Science degree in Environmental Sciences, Geology, Engineering (Civil, Environmental, or Chemical preferred), or a related scientific or technical program (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Forestry, etc.) or an enrolled student in a graduate program in any of the aforementioned degree programs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or SharePoint).
- Good written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work outdoors under a variety of conditions.