At MDA, we are fighting to freeindividuals — and the families who love them — from the harmful effects ofmuscle-debilitating diseases so they can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values are ourstrength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We're driven to accelerate progress forfamilies and muscle health.
Understanding: We're attentive to our constituent's needsand each other's.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, wedrive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents' expectations.
The internwill assist with core job functions of the District office. The intern will begiven a minimum of one project that will be his/her responsibility to assistwith the success of the Fundraising and/or Family Support and Clinical CareTeams. He/she will gain experience working directly with MDA Fundraising and/orFamily Support and Clinical Care Teams and MDA families. Duties will include assisting in theexecution of major fundraising and/or Family Care and Clinical Support programssuch as Muscle Walk, Fill the Boot, Shamrocks, etc. They will provideassistance to the District office team and perform additional duties as needed.The objective of this internship is to foster the development of the intern byworking with all levels of the office to complete programs and learn bothprofessionally and personally about MDA and the non-profit industry.
* Assist the fundraising coordinators with theexecution of major fundraising programs. MDA's Shamrocks Against Dystrophy,Muscle Walk, Lock-Ups, Fill the Boot, Golf Tournaments, Social Events and othercommunity based fundraising.
* Work with Fundraising Coordinators to securedonations for the fundraising event.
* Provide event assistance to team withpreparation of materials.
* Perform other duties as needed
* CommunicationSkills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seekclarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively.Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team;exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and timemanagement skills.
* CustomerService: Prioritizes internal andexternal interactions, maintaining the highest standard of donor interactionsand responding in a timely manner.
* Flexibility: Remains open-minded and changesopinions on the basis of new information; performs a wide variety of tasks andchanges focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to taskeffectively; adapts to varying customer needs.
* Professionalism:Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect andconsideration; accept responsibility for ownactions; positive/upbeat attitude.
* Junior/Seniorworking toward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in related field.
* Candidatesmust understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
* Musthave excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to prioritizeeffectively, and attention to detail.
* Excellentcustomer service skills and the ability to multi-task, remain organized, and workin a fast paced environment.
* Internsshould have basic knowledge of MS Office software to include Outlook, Word,Excel, and PowerPoint
MDA is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.