For more than 20 years, AlloSource’s allografts have been the biologic solutions our surgeon customers use to deliver better care to their patients. As one of the largest and most respected nonprofit tissue banks in the United States, AlloSource develops, processes and distributes over 200 types of life-saving and life-enhancing allografts for use in a variety of medical procedures. Our commitment to honoring the gift of tissue donation motivates us to develop innovative allografts and lead the way in cellular and tissue therapies.
AlloSource is looking for a summer intern for our Engineering Department. The internship program is designed to give students the opportunity to obtain hands-on experience and to link classroom studies or work related knowledge in our work environment. Students will learn about the industry/profession, develop skills, make connections, and enhance their resume.
*Students must be currently enrolled in college must meet the Internship specific requirements.
Project work will include:
- Work with Engineering and Operations to evaluate and implement process improvements for tissue processing
- Assist in new product design and development
- Design and test new equipment and tooling
- Execute process and equipment validations
- Write experimental designs, protocols, and reports
- Perform data analysis
- Minimum 2 years of college obtaining a degree in Engineering
- Knowledge – Microsoft Office, some CAD experience, statistics / Minitab (a plus)
- Skills – Analytical, problem solving, innovative, initiative
- Abilities – strong interpersonal skills
- Lifting Requirements: 25 lbs.
- Biohazard Handling: Yes
- Standing: Yes (lab areas)
**The Intern position will be 40 hr/week and will run approximately from June 4th – August 10th.