As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
The office is located in the Cité du Multimédia close to several bus routes and the Square-Victoria metro station. It is possible to work remotely on an occasional basis.
A technology room (d-shop) is accessible to employees who wish to explore new technologies for their personal projects. For example, Rasberry Pi, 3D printer, « bread board », sensors, IoT, etc.
Beverages are provided for free (tea, coffee, juice, soft drinks) and the employees can enroll in the lunch program offered in the SAP cafeteria. Moreover, you will have a chance to communicate with employees from all around the world and listen to more than 20 languages.
You will have the opportunity to work with former graduates of the coop program. Moreover, you will be able to attend certain SAP events during your internship (volunteering day, developer conference, programming contest, training, etc.). Note that you will have free access to a multitude of online courses and some courses in person.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
You will contribute to the SAP Hybris Marketing product. In addition to being part of a Scrum team and participating in Scrum meetings, you will have the chance to collaborate online with several recognized tools, such as SAP Jam, Gerrit (code review for Git), Atlassian Jira and Atlassian Confluence.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are passionate about software development who want to work with young, dynamic, and autonomous teams that encourage the Test Driven Development (TDD) approach and pair programming. You will be part of all phases starting from design, code, test, and support.
As a software developer, you will join a team of experienced people and you will participate in the following tasks:
- Design and implementation (code) of new features
- Customer services (analysis and patches)
- Production of high quality software by practicing TDD unit testing and integration
- Be part of a Scrum team and while working in Agile mode with Jira virtual Scrum boards
- Be flexible and open to take on additional tasks or challenges based on your potential
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new environments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Functional English: this internship is a great opportunity to practice your English
The following skills are an asset:
- Experience in ABAP, Java, C #
- Experience with Scrum, TDD
- Knowledge of UML
- Functional database knowledge (e.g. SQL)
- Knowledge of Jenkins Git
- Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate (ongoing or recently completed)
- Field of study: computer engineering, software engineering, or computer science