We are looking for an enthusiastic intern who possesses strong writing and research skills to join our team.
As Edelman’s Washington, D.C. Tech team intern, you will be responsible for assisting with various projects and account work. Time permitting, you may also work on projects for other teams across the D.C. office and Edelman network.
In a world where every company is a tech company, our team works with clients that span a number of industries and range from major global corporations to small local organizations. We primarily support our clients on corporate communications and technology-related issues including public affairs and public policy positioning, and business-to-business or business-to-government marketing and sales.
- Strong interest in public relations/communications and good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines
- Familiarity with the public relations and communications disciplines through past coursework or other internships (agency experience preferred, but not required)
- A basic understanding of research and media tools
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively independently and within groups
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to manage your workload and work under deadline
About our internship program:
- The duration of the internship is a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months
- Interns are paid $12.50 per hour and are eligible for overtime
- Most of our interns are post-graduates and work a full-time schedule (weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.), though current students may be considered for part-time positions
Specifically, you will:
- Gain a basic understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors in the marketplace
- Monitor traditional and social media and compile coverage reports
- Conduct and compile secondary research
- Create media lists
- Draft pitches and pitch media
- Assist with preparation of press kits and briefing materials
- Participate in account team meetings and brainstorms