Keller Foundations LLC is a leading geotechnical contractor in North America and is the parent company of Hayward Baker, Case Foundation, McKinney Drilling, Anderson Drilling, Suncoast Post-Tension, HJ Foundation and Bencor. We are seeking a proactive Intern to join our Corporate Procurement Team in Hanover, MD.
Duties will include assisting the Procurement Director with improving the efficiency and effectiveness of Keller's purchasing practices and developing purchasing strategies with its suppliers and Keller's businesses (e.g., leveraging spends) to reduce costs.
Required Skills and Experience
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Procurement, or Supply Chain
- Experience in an office environment strongly desired.
- Interest in construction or engineering industry preferred.
- Self-starter and able to work under pressure.
- Able to work independently, evaluate priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with MS Office required.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Procurement, purchasing, or supply chain experience
- Knowledge of category/commodity purchasing strategies especially in indirect, steel, aggregates/cement, or other construction related commodities.
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience working with purchasing data to understand spend patterns and draw conclusions
Internship/ Part time job