Walsh is currently seeking Interns for our Mid Atlantic Region.
Are you someone who thrives on managing your school work and solving problems? Are you excited about working for a family company where, when you push yourself, you will be recognized? For Walsh Interns/Co-ops, a good day is getting everything done on their to-do lists or helping to solve a pesky problem. A great day, is when they get to do both.
Walsh Interns/Co-ops are easy to follow because they speak with precision, order and efficiency. They get things done because they plan their work and then work their plan. Are you a student that puts the same amount of care into managing relationships as you do into managing your course load? If so, we might have something for you.
As a fourth generation family owned business, Walsh recruits students that will take ownership for ensuring things are handled right. Are you someone who likes to say "yes" to taking on more? Are you someone who gets things started without being asked?
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you. If you have what it takes, welcome to the family.
The Intern position has more flexibility with part-time or full-time, but 12 weeks is preferred. Interns will learn about multiple career paths in our company, and will be trained to become a full-time employee after college graduation. Some duties and responsibilities include:
* Assisting project manager or field supervision staff with project coordination
* Estimating cost for change orders
* Soliciting bidders and coordinate subcontractor activity
* Scheduling of various contracts and materials
* Document control
* Coordination of subcontractors
* Safety management
* Participation in team meetings
* Writing RFIs, submittals, and assisting in change orders
We are seeking students with the following qualifications:
* Seeking a degree in construction management, civil engineering or other related field of study
* Enrolled in a cooperative education program at the college/ university level
* Previous work experience is a plus
* Flexibility to relocate per work term is preferred
* Strong leadership skills
* Excellent oral and written communication
* Ability to prioritize work and meet project deadlines