As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project is a paid program that gives university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born. Piqued your interest?
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp:
- No more fetching coffee: Work on in-depth projects, emerging products and technologies that drive business results.
- Lifelong learning: Meet with mentors, make new friends, and attend learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts.
- Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do:
- Position Title: UX Designer Intern
- Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Expected start date to end date: April 30, 2018 – December 28, 2018
Purpose & Objective of Position
We are looking for a User Experience Designer with prototyping and usability testing skills to join the SAP Analytics Cloud User Experience team in Vancouver, BC. Working collaboratively with user experience designers, developers, product managers/experts and other related disciplines you will be designing best practice user interfaces for SAP Analytics Cloud.
Expectations & Tasks
- Gather design and user requirements through collaboration with the project team
- Generate wireframes, interactive prototypes and visual designs quickly and reliably
- Design, conduct and interpret usability research
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
Skills / Competencies
- Knowledge of User Centered Design principles
- Experience in tools like Sketch, Illustrator and Flinto
- Experience with usability testing
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
Educational Requirements (degrees, class completion, etc.)
- University Degree Program in a Design related field, like “Human Factors” or “Human Computer Interaction”
- Requires candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate, Masters, MBA or PhD degree program which is applicable to the position.
What you can expect from us:
- An internship packed full of events to ensure you understand our technologies, our competitive landscape, our culture and our leadership philosophy
- Community of mentors and volunteer engagement teams to join and lead
- Collaborative open-concept work environment in the heart of Yaletown
- Games room, fitness classes, massage therapist, and 24/7 access to onsite gym
- Well-stocked snacks, coffee, teas, sodas and candy