Junior IT Helpdesk - Internship
This position is based in downtown Montreal, QC.
As the leading Software-as-a-Service company in the digital signage industry, Broadsign is currently looking for a Junior IT Helpdesk to join its team. If you love working in a nascent and growing industry where ideas can quickly flow into actions, if you passionate about technology and looking to work with a team of young, motivated and talented individuals, then we want to meet you!
Reporting to the IT Team Lead, you will be responsible for Helpdesk tickets from onsite to remote employees. You will also have to stay current with technology changes and updates in order to advise users on appropriate actions and best practices.
- Set up new employee with network and phone access following procedures
- Log, track and respond to requests escalated from the IT ticketing system. Ensure follow-up is performed
- Write procedures and various technical documents, update the knowledge base documentation
- Support office staff with their desktop, laptops, mobile devices, peripheral equipment and software
- Configure Network Interface Cards (NICs)
- Configure Firewall/Proxy and anti-virus
- Support for Printers/Copiers/MFPs
- Perform other related duties as required
- College diploma or certificate in the field of information technology
- Proficient in MS Windows Desktop Operating Systems and productivity software
- Knowledge of AD, Windows server
- Knowledge of Google Apps for Business, Office 365 and good understanding of cloud computing
- Linux OS knowledge is an asset
- Good knowledge in Networking principles (DNS, DHCP, Firewall, VPN, etc.)
- Familiar with SOHO routers and ddWRT, OpenWRT
- Knowledge of BASH, SAMBA, PROFTPD, Asterisk, VoIP, SIP, RTP
- Knowledge of Backup principles and solutions
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Proven analytical and strong problem-solving abilities
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to lift objects up to 50 lbs
What We Offer:
- Discover how a software-as-a-service company operates
- A chance to gain hands-on experience in various areas of IT
- Creative, fun and open-concept working environment located downtown Montreal (right above Montreal Central Station, with indoor access to Bonaventure/McGill Metro)
- Competitive salary
- Casual dress code
- Regular events such as 5 à 7’s, outdoor activities, LAN parties and board gaming nights
- A cafeteria with video game consoles, a Foosball table and beer on tap
- Ongoing opportunities for professional development
We believe in a world where bold creativity inspires bright ideas. Where screens drive growth, build excitement and prompt innovation. Where digital interactions inspire conversations, and connect communities. Where digital and real-life experiences collide.
Lighting up airports, shopping malls, health clinics, street corners and more, our platform powers screens at the heart of people’s lives.
We’re a place for people who envision a better digital future and our team isn’t afraid to embark on ambitious challenges to change the status quo. Join us on our mission to light up the world one screen at a time. https://broadsign.com/careers/