A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION&CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
ANALYTICAL LABORATORY INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Location of Program: Bellingham, WA
Program Duration: 4-24 months (depending on completion of degree)
Working Hours: 15-29 hours per week (day or night shift; flexible hours)
Major or Specialization: Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Environmental or Life Sciences, Physics, Engineering, other related programs
- Must be a student currently attending a local university or college
- Show a willingness to learn, grow, participate, and adapt to change
- Possess the ability to train with modern instrumentation and technologies
- Maintain proper documentation of results with strong attention to detail
- Be able to follow and reproduce actions listed in directional methodologies such as ASTM
WHAT CAN THE PARTICIPANT LOOK FORWARD TO DURING THE PROGRAM?:
- Interaction with managers and business leaders, learning the business model of commodities testing,.
- Real world, hands-on professional experience in a global industry
- On-going support and feedback from Laboratory Managers and the Human Resources Department
- Strong possibility of conversion to full-time position after completion of internship program.
- Opportunity for advancement and relocation after graduation.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, AND REGISTRATIONS:
Driver's license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste and smell. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.