ZERO is currently seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to assist our Marketing & Communications Team.
- Supporting media outreach by coordinating calendar listings, pulling media lists, and drafting pitches
- Supporting social media program by maintaining a calendar of events, a list of ideas for posts and tweets, and outreach tactics
- Fulfilling store orders and maintaining inventory for marketing and promotional materials
- Researching potential opportunities with media sponsors and partnerships
- Coordinating photo library
- Other tasks as assigned
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong computer skills and a quick learner of new technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Interest in learning about and sharing in our mission
Part-time volunteer and internship opportunities are available between the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday. We are very flexible with scheduling. ZERO’s main office is located in Old Town Alexandria and is accessible by metro (King Street station). ZERO staff and interns enjoy a casual work environment, and while this position is unpaid, we will provide a transportation stipend.
About ZERO - The End of Prostate Cancer:
As the highest-ranking cancer charity by The Nonprofit Times’ “Top 50 Best Nonprofits to Work For”, ZERO was the number 10 overall organization on the list. ZERO’s position on the list jumped 10 spots this year, the number three ranked among all small nonprofits. This is the fourth consecutive year for ZERO to be recognized on the list.
There are no typical days at ZERO, and we’re proud of that. ZERO team members work hard to put passion into action to help men and families impacted by prostate cancer. They provide critical patient support programs, fight to protect research funding, and educate men on risk factors. While ZERO’s environment is casual and pet-friendly, ZERO employees are serious about saving lives.
“Our team members are selfless in their dedication to our mission to end prostate cancer,” said ZERO CEO Jamie Bearse. “I’m proud and honored to work alongside such talented team players in a steadfast commitment to saving lives from this disease.”