We are looking for an intern to join our team for a semester (or two) who can help develop new and innovative marketing strategies and help drive marketing analytics that align with Traka as a global brand. You will have the opportunity to learn and apply new skills in a real world, business environment, while providing your own input and feedback into our marketing communications.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, resourceful, and able to work independently. While you will gain insight into many areas of the business and our industry, you will be given a marketing project of your own to manage and see through to completion, under guidance of the U.S. Marketing Manager. Of special interest are those candidates with experience in web design and graphic/media production.
Desired Skills: Marketing Analysis, Email Marketing, Microsoft Office, Marketing Research, Marketing Communications, Marketing Automation, CMS Management, Video Editing and Production, Social Media, Content Creation, Branding, Public Relations
Essential Job Functions
You will have the opportunity to learn while assisting our U.S Marketing Manager with maintaining our regular marketing schedule for the U.S. market. You will also work closely with our UK and International teams to establish a unified global identity for Traka.
- Create, edit and plan content for website, social media and blog
- Buildout emails and compile lists for email marketing
- Handle information requests from staff, customers and partners
- Create communications for trade shows and events
- Refine marketing automation analytics to maximize marketing spend
- Run reports and review analytics for social media and marketing automation platforms
- Manage leads in Salesforce
- Research market sectors and maintain industry repository with relevant information
- Design and copy edit marketing outputs as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in marketing, branding, communications, public relations, social media or related fields preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, business writing skills a plus
- Possess intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office, creative suite is a plus
- Have experience working with social media, online advertising and e-marketing tools
- Web design or media production experience preferred
- Ability to research and effectively document results, write original copy, proofread, and work with analytics
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with individuals at all levels of organization
- Comfortable working with and learning new technologies and applications to enhance marketing efforts of organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, experience with WordPress and Adobe desirable.