TDI is seeking an enthusiastic Marketing Intern. Reporting to the TDI Executive Team and primarily the CEO, you will assist with the management of administrative duties related to TDI’s marketing and public relations requirements.
Candidate must have excellent spelling, punctuation, grammar, editing, and communications skills as well as the ability to handle tight deadlines, multiple tasks, and diverse workloads. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of TDI in a cooperative and professional manner and perform as a team player is essential.
This support staff internship is required to possess strong personal skills, excellent client services skills with senior TDI management and customers as well as exercise discretion regarding sensitive data at all levels both internally/externally. Additionally, a successful candidate is proactive and must work well alone and in an integrated team environment. Provides professional marketing support under guidance from the senior management team. Handles privileged information in a professional manner. Communicates effectively, in oral/written formats, with a diverse population on sensitive topics. Strong communication and organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy required. Must maintain an organized system of all materials in SharePoint and keeping track of important data-points.
- Support Marketing Efforts at TDI
- Provide up to 10 part-time hours per week (to start) in support of this role
- Update PowerPoint templates and maintain
- Update corporate letterhead as required
- Contnuously update TDI’s website and social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Directly support all matters related to White Hat Gale and other White Hat events
- Answer incoming calls related to event
- Help support sponsorship inquiries, etc.
- Call Committee Members regularly to check on status
- Call sponsorship targets, follow up, meet with them as necessary
- Update sponsorship tracking spreadsheet, website, etc. in support of Committee
- Business Development Support
- Maintain and update Past Performance write-ups
- Maintain and update capabilities briefings
- Solutions Division Support
- Brainstorm to help prepare marketing material
- Support largest marketing and advertising endeavors as needed
- Prepare brochures and materials
- Plan, coordinate, and market special events
- Media relations
- Support CEO interviews with media outlets
- Submit Press Releases
- Develop a strong understanding of TDI's services & products
- Perform market research through interviews, focus groups and surveys
- Create promotional materials
- Create sales presentations and help with presentations to prospects
- Draft internal notices for contract wins, announcements, other
- Assist with internally marketing to TDI employees (brochures, benefit presentations, etc.) to help with retention
- Support - and sometimes develop alone – TDI’s newsletter
- 2+ years of MS Office proficiency
- 1+ years of HTML, WordPress or other website administration tool
- Ability to effectively work within schedule
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, in a cyclical potentially fast paced environment, as well as working well in both team/collaborative environments
- Ability to balance the need for an immediate response with the need for accuracy; effectively manage competing internal business and other interests in time-constrained situations
- Strong analytical and organizational skills as well as attention to detail are essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively with external clients and internal staff at all levels across different departments.
- Ability to write technical concepts in lay lexicon, reports and correspondence in clear and concise language and in appropriate form and style.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project), particularly MS Word and PowerPoint. Ability to set up forms in Word and templates in PowerPoint critical.