The National Society of Leadership and Success is the largest leadership honor society in the United States, with over three-quarters of a million members on nearly 600 college campuses. Society members have lifetime access to benefits including over a quarter-million dollars annually in exclusive scholarship and awards. Society membership provides students with the professional leadership training needed to gain a competitive edge in the employment market. While many chapters are established through an administrator or affiliated with a specific department, the Society also provides a developmental opportunity for outstanding student leaders to establish their own leadership program on campus.
This two-semester, paid leadership internship is for students of any major who want to develop real world skills in management, budgeting, communication, public speaking, marketing, and event planning. Reporting to a Student Program Director at our National Office, your role as an intern is to source and manage a team of student leaders to effectively plan a series of life-changing events on your campus. These responsibilities range from recruiting an advisor and executive board to researching and submitting any necessary paperwork to become a registered student organization or become affiliated with a specific department. The successful candidate will have strong communication and leadership skills. This internship is conducted on campus and open to currently enrolled freshmen, sophomores, and juniors only.
What are some of the benefits of being a Society Intern?
- Gain real world experience and receive a $1,500 stipend
- Attend an all-expenses-paid leadership training retreat
- Receive an on-campus internship with flexible hours around your class schedule
- Develop the essential leadership skills employers and graduate schools are looking for
- Learn skills in the following areas: Management, Budgeting, Fundraising, Communication, Public Speaking, Marketing, Public Relations, and Event Planning
- Impressive addition to your professional resume
- Get more students involved on campus and build a legacy