This individual will be responsible for managing projects through the development and commercialization cross-functional processes. In addition, they will support development of improved and cost reduced packaging, implementing the results via the cross functional commercialization team. This individual will assist in further defining and establishing critical performance attributes of Lindt USA's packaging specifications through production trials and compliance testing.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Manage assigned Packaging Development projects, working with Brand and project teams, to meet category objectives and project ship to trade dates.
- Develop and maintain documentation for specifications database including package component specifications and supporting documentation.
- Hands-on work with development and testing of flexible bags, foils, folding carton, and corrugate packaging to support establishment of critical performance attributes.
- Direct testing and evaluation of packaging to ensure compatibility of design, machinability, and shipping distribution.
- Initiate cost reduction projects and cost avoidance opportunities that include packaging redesign initiatives, package component consolidation, and production line efficiencies.
- Work with manager to ensure understanding of the packaging development process and identifying ways to streamline or improve.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and involvement within a cross-functional team environment (internal/external customers, including Operations, Supply Chain, and Brand teams).
- Participate in brainstorming and information gathering for resource planning process as needed.
Technical Knowledge and Communication
- Demonstrate functional knowledge of packaging materials and processes while building a working knowledge of the packaging principles and operating systems required to support Lindt USA's business.
- Understand, interpret and refine package testing procedures and standards to support the effective design, validation, and implementation of new packages and packaging technology.
- Awareness of packaging and confectionary industry trends.
- Functional knowledge of packaging materials, converting technology, and packaging operations.
- Must demonstrate understanding of package development process and engineering principles; strong mechanical aptitude.
- Solid project management skills required to implement multiple projects in a timely manner to meet required deadlines.
- Proficient in PC applications including MS Office; must be CAD literate- competent user of ArtiosCAD or equivalent and of CAPE or equivalent palletization software.
- Course work in the Packaging field of study
- Must be May 2018 graduating class - OR - Rising Senior status (coop will be June-Dec period before/into Senior year) - Must be working towards degree in Packaging Science
- Minimal travel; less than 5%.
- Minimal shift/weekend work; less than 5%.
- Occasional ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Lindt and Sprüngli is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Applicants for this position must successfully pass a background screening and may be required to pass drug screenings as well.