Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Company. We are an exciting, global company that is transforming the vacation rental market to become the worlds leading and most trusted marketplace. As a high-growth, e-commerce company, we are searching for talented and passionate Product Management Interns to join our global product team. Product Management Interns will work alongside the Product team to create products that will provide the next generation customer experience.
During the internship, you will learn about our scientific, test-and-learn approach to product development while helping develop a product feature or enhancement. Based on user research and data, and in collaboration with development, you will quickly design, implement, test, refine and deploy new product features. At the start of the internship, you will receive training and take part in HomeAway University (HAU) to help you be a successful, contributing member of the Product Teams during your internship.
- You will gather and develop product requirements and organize project information on the internal wiki site.
- You will partner directly with product owners to ensure stories are clearly defined and properly communicated.
- You will work with development teams to iteratively answer ongoing questions when refining features.
- You will collaborate with user research and experience design team to create mockups and prototypes.
- You will communicate product benefits to internal business partners.
- Using online tools, you will analyze and report on product test results.
We are looking for someone with a real passion for user experience, technology and data. If you are an analytical, results oriented individual with excellent communication skills this is your opportunity to gain hands-on product development experience. You should be eager to take initiative, learn, and solve problems to design best-in-class user-centric product features.
Requirements also include
- Currently in progress or have completed BS, BA, MBA, or Masters in a related field.
- At least 1-2 years experience in a related field and/or previous internship(s) in product management, engineering or related fields.
- Strong project management skills.
- Analytical skills and passion for mobile or web-based product development.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Working familiarity with excel or general programming languages such as Phython, SQL are a plus.
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Plan
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Discounted Rail and Bus Passes
This role is part of HomeAway University which starts May 2018 and lasts for 12 weeks. Learn more about our HomeAway University training program here: https://www.homeaway.com/careers/university
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.