Established in 1955, The Cook & Boardman Group, LLC ("C&B") is a privately-owned technical services business and specialty distributor. C&B is the nation's leading distributor of architectural hardware, doors, doorframes, and related building products for non-residential building applications throughout the United States. C&B's operating units include Cook & Boardman, LLC; Precision Doors & Hardware, LLC; Architectural Building Supply, LLC; Martin Architectural Products; Hollow Metal Specialists; Hardware Consultants; Precision Millwork; Delta Door and Hardware; Pinnacle Door & Hardware; Specialized AP and RDL Supply. Today, C&B operates from 31 locations and serves customers throughout the United States.
We are looking for energetic, self-motivated individuals, who have completed or are pursuing an Associates Degree in Construction Management, Architectural Technology (or related field) to join our dedicated team of professionals. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is able to multi-task, possesses a sense of urgency and has strong computer skills.
As a Project Intern, you must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, superb organizational and time management skills & most importantly, a willingness to learn. This position will give you experience with various aspects of our industry and day-to-day business. Great opportunity for someone looking to move into an Estimating, Detailing, or Project Management role.
- Provide administrative and technical support to estimating, engineering, and project management teams
- Work with Estimators and Project Managers to assist in bid process
- Keep project files orderly and current
- Enter applicable information into Comsense, C&B's industry based software platform
- Manage project changes, revisions, and change order documents and update those revisions in Comsense
- Pursuit of Construction Management or Architectural Technology Degree or related field
- Self-directed and motivated
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Effective time management skills
- Must have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills.
- Good mathematical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Preferred special skills, not required...Blue print/plan reading. Specification interpretation. Knowledge of industry related software. Microsoft office complete. Knowledge of door, frame and hardware applications as they relate to UL, fire code, building code, ADA, life safety and other restrictions that relate to the general commercial construction industry.