SECU is currently looking for qualified students to join our team as an Intern in our Strategic Business Solutions division. As an Intern, you will have significant learning opportunities on day-to-day projects while gaining exposure to core project management skills within banking and the financial services industry as a whole. This will be accomplished through activities related to the next phase of our online banking transformation project.
WE ARE SECU. As Maryland’s largest credit union, we provide exceptional service to hundreds of thousands of members, making a positive contribution to the financial well-being of those we serve. SECU is comprised of employees who are dedicated to helping members achieve their financial goals, are continually seeking ways to make our organization better, enjoy challenges, and want to embark on a dynamic career path.
ARE YOU SECU? We take banking in a different direction. And we only hire people who understand that this job is special: an opportunity to connect with their communities, and to improve lives. That’s a pretty big deal: we get it, and we encourage it. Our employees are diverse, interesting, thoughtful people who have a passion for what they do, and care about their co-workers and those we serve.
YOU ARE SECU! So if you’re the kind of person who wants a learning opportunity at an innovative organization where insight is welcomed and team work is a must, then apply to SECU today.
We can’t wait to get to know you! To better get to know us, click here to learn more about a day in the life of a SECU Intern.
Responsibilities include working with project managers on several assignments to support activities related to the next phase of our online banking transformation project. Doing so, you will have visibility to the whole project with exposure to the entire project team while owning specific responsibilities within the project to help us meet our milestones.
Using superior skills in taking ownership and driving activities to completion, you will:
- Test new online and mobile platform features
- Track issues and present key findings from User Acceptance Testing
- Develop training materials and job aids for end users
- Complete ad hoc activities that surface from the project evolution
At the end of the internship, you will present to the SECU Leadership Team a recap of your accomplishments and experiences.
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior concentrating in the field of Business, Marketing or Project Management preferred
- Enthusiasm for project management – prior experience leading projects is a plus (e.g. campus organizations, community organizations)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Highly motivated and energetic with the ability to work on teams
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly
- Comfort with technology, to include active participation in virtual meetings
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications
- Must have reliable transportation
- GPA => 2.50
SECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internship/ Part time job