At Montage International, we are doing something different, something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Recreation Internship (Seasonal)
The Recreation Attendant is assists with the daily operations of the Recreation Department and program planning. Duties include assisting the Recreation Manager with programming, reservations, facility maintenance, and instruction.
- Assist members and guests with all equipment rental needs.
- Assist with all rental equipment repairs.
- Provide the members and guests with appropriate property information, nature trails, and biking trails.
- Complete opening and closing procedures for the Recreation Department.
- Maintain and organize facility linen needs.
- Complete daily departmental procedures.
- Relay accurate information to members and guests.
- Effectively and efficiently handle members and guests complaints.
- Assist with special events, holiday activities, and year-round activities for members and guests.
- Properly handle any activity reservations for members and guests.
- Work with the Guest Service Department to assure accurate transfer of information.
- Assist with inventories and reconciliation.
- Work with necessary departments to ensure the proper marketing and promotion of the facility.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 year hospitality and recreation experience preferred; preferred Hospitality or Recreation major in a university /college course of study.
- Strong guest service background. Ability to provide a high level of service, programming, and instruction for our guests and members.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Previous recreation or customer service experience.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekend, evenings, and holidays.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications.
- Capable of multi-tasking.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Knowledge of fishing, canoeing, kayaking, bicycles, golf carts and fitness equipment.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certified.
- Knowledge recreation programming and facility management.
Most tasks are performed outdoors in variable weather conditions, including hot, cold, windy and wet weather. Temperature can be extreme but is usually moderate. Frequently works near moving/mechanical parts. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to reach with arms and hands; bend and stoop; remain at post standing for extended periods of time; required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; place and remove bikes, canoes and kayaks onto hanging racks. Able to lift 50 or more pounds.