The PCAOB is a nonprofit corporation established by Congress to oversee the audits of public companies in order to protect the interests of investors and further the public interest in the preparation of informative, accurate and independent audit reports. The PCAOB also oversees the audits of broker-dealers, including compliance reports filed pursuant to federal securities laws, to promote investor protection.
PCAOB is seeking highly motivated students for paid, full and part-time positions throughout the year. Successful candidates will provide support to the PCAOB’s Office of Economic and Risk Analysis (ERA) in the Washington, DC headquarters. ERA identifies and analyzes emerging audit and accounting issues that may present elevated risk of audit failure, and communicates these risks to the PCAOB’s other divisions.
As an Intern you will have the opportunity to gain a broad overview of trends and developments affecting audit firms and their audit clients and experience professional life before you’ve left school. You will also learn about, and use, analytical tools and methods and gain experience that will make you more marketable to prospective employers.
- To assist the Reports Desk prepare and format reports, and create graphs, charts and other visual displays of data.
- Create and test Excel macros.
- Write queries to extract and validate data.
- Assist on a project to collect data on SEC filings using Python.
- Current academic enrollment at the undergraduate (Junior or above) or graduate level with a Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics or related major
- Understanding of relational databases
- Working knowledge of creating dashboards/charts, or VBA programming and macro development within MS Excel
- Exposure to Python or R data science libraries
- Familiarity with writing Structured Query Language (SQL) statements is a plus, but not required
- Exposure to SAS or SharePoint is a plus, but not required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to stay organized and meet deadlines
- Willingness to work as a team member
- Ability to be flexible, work independently and be self-motivated.