Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative interns with a passion for applied and fundamental research in fields related to virtual reality.
The focus of this internship is to further research in tracking, interfaces, and engine design for virtual reality. Youll have the unique opportunity to work with the researchers and engineers who are defining the future of VR systems.
We are accepting applications from students interested in (but not limited to) the following areas:
- Optical Tracking
- Bio Engineering
- Estimation and optimization
- Micro/Nano fabrication
Our internships are twelve (12) to twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance robot-human interfaces and wearable sensing technology
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and artists to prototype hardware and software solutions, and run experiments to advance the project
- PhD candidate in cognitive science, perceptual science, or related technical field.
- 1 year of experience with psychophysics
- 1 year of experience with data analysis and statistics (Matlab/R/Python)
- Strong knowledge of perception science
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Ability to obtain work authorization in 2018
- Haptic perception
- Programming haptic devices
- Multi-sensory perception
- Setting up a VR experiment