Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
As a Personal Insurance Sales Intern, you will develop the skills necessary for a successful sales career at Liberty Mutual by working closely with our Branch Managers and Sales Representatives. Throughout this internship, you will build prospecting and product knowledge, as well as build and develop client relationships within local communities to promote our Auto, Home and Life Insurance products.
- Develop complete knowledge of insurance products, systems, business operations, and sales strategy.
- Assist Sales Representatives in daily and weekly activities which include creation of prospecting plans, developing Affinity client relationships, and retaining existing accounts.
- In partnership with Branch Manager and Sales Representatives, create marketing and prospecting techniques to meet established targets for new business policies and premium.
- Spend time in the field observing and assisting with sales events and contacting leads generated by events.
- Utilize customer relationship management (CRM) system to support Sales Representatives with marketing campaigns and communications.
- Implement social media strategy and presence for Sales Representatives.
- Undergraduate students working towards a Bachelor's degree in their junior or senior year of study. Sales majors preferred.
- Competitive cumulative GPA. Additional requirements might apply.
- Results oriented with demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with prospective and existing customers.
- Possess excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
Experience in sales or client service environment preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Rockville
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (Â±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time