Rapid Response Monitoring located in Syracuse, NY, is a national leader in electronic security monitoring. Our mission is to protect lives and property and to ensure the safety and welfare of employees and families nationwide. The Sales & Marketing Department is seeking a skilled and motivated individual to immediately fill an opening for an internship position.
Rapid Response is looking to create an unforgettable and unparalleled learning experience for the candidate. The internship provides students with the opportunity to lead business projects while creating professional relationships throughout the organization.
- Calling customers/Dealers to provide follow-up information, make appointments, and aid in qualifying sales leads
- Place/makes telephone calls to make direct contact with prospective customers/Dealers as a part of New Business Development efforts
- Compiles, coordinates, and ships various information and media packages to Dealers & Prospective Dealers as required, following processes established by SOPs
- Receives telephone calls from customers/Dealers to prepare and follow-up on such calls as required
- Takes messages for and transmits instructions to members of the Outside Sales Staff
- Maintain a call log, prospecting lists and follow up reports/database
- Coordinate with / provide support to / back up all other Inside Sales staff
- Organizes and maintains customer/Dealers letters, correspondence, contracts, reports and office files
- Takes messages or relays calls to the Sales & Marketing staff, including the President
- Shadows employees throughout the company to enhance skills and knowledge of business environment
- Performs other related duties pertinent to Sales and Marketing as directed by the Manager of Inside Sales or Supervisor of Inside Sales, including but not limited to: representing the company in meetings and acting as staff support for special projects and events
- Current enrollment in a four-year collegiate degree program in business or a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliable, strong attention to detail, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Prior experience in customer service or sales preferred.
- Individuals who are bi-lingual or Spanish speaking are encouraged to apply.