Join our Winning Team as a Service Desk Intern
Are you customer focused and enjoy helping others? Do you take pride in bringing solutions that make work easier and more efficient? If so, Employer may be the place for you! Our internal Service Desk team provides a full range of networked computer support services to internal Employer employees and visitors. We provide face-to-face, telephone, and electronic service to our customers to support the overall infrastructure, systems, and processes necessary to operate a high availability, fast paced environment.
The Tech Culture at Employer
Having a creative and innovative environment where our developers can collaborate, learn and grow is something Employer is passionate about. We have an entire floor dedicated to our techies, designed specifically to enable teams to dream big and produce the best. Along with creating and maintaining awesome software you’ll also be able to participate in our quarterly Hack-a-thon’s or take a break by kicking back and playing the latest game on x-box when you need to re-boot the mind. Oh, and do you happen to have a dog? Employer is dog-friendly and no day goes by where you don’t have the chance to visit with one of the visiting pups. We even provide the dog beds, bowls and of course, toys!
- Handle all interrupt from end users
- Respond to service desk tickets and calls
- Configure new and existing PC’s, laptops, virtual machines as required using Carfax processes and procedures
- Escalates technical issues to second level support when unable to resolve via first contact.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Provide accurate and creative solutions to customer’s hardware and software problems to ensure user productivity.
- Research, resolve, and respond to questions received via telephone calls, internal ticketing system, visits, IM and email in a timely manner
- Support, and troubleshoot mobile devices and related tools using Employer processes and procedures.
- Install and update software using IT internal tech stack.
- Document support issues and resolutions
- Document support trends and opportunities
The ideal candidate will assist the Service Desk team with their service desk daily tasks while they focus on completing some of our current projects for this fiscal year. The candidate must be proficient at oral and written communication, must maintain good rapport with customers, must exercise skill in managing multiple concurrent tasks, and must show an aptitude to resolve support issues using sound troubleshooting methodologies.
- Ability to lift and carry 60 pounds (workstations, servers, printers, etc.)
- Must be able to lift and move desktop PCs as well as maneuver under counters to run cables and wires for PCs.
The Internal Service Desk team provides a full range of networked computer support services to internal Employer employees and visitors. Service is provided face-to-face, via telephone, and electronically. Service desk analysts regularly work with other technical staff to support the overall infrastructure, systems, and processes necessary to operate a high availability, fast-paced environment.