Expedia is looking for Software Development Interns to join multiple teams across our Bellevue/Seattle offices. These teams vary from front end to mobile to full stack and distributed systems to machine learning; using different technologies such as Java, Scala, C# and many others. But one thing remains constant, we want bright, curious learners, who collaborate well to join our teams.
What your success at Expedia looks like:
- Passionate developer who loves traveling and working on projects that impact the business goals
- Excitement to take your classroom knowledge and apply it to a real world problems.
- Prior internship, related projects or leadership roles
- Enjoy jumping into ambiguous requirements and getting to the bottom of them through asking clarifying questions
- Confident in voicing your thoughts and asking questions
- Navigate dynamic team settings and proven skills with team situations.
- Desire to learn all that you can during a 10-12 week internship
What you bring to this role:
- Graduating December 2018 or May/June 2019 with a BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or mathematics
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, C/C++, C#
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and OOP concepts
- Good sense of teamwork, collaboration and communication
- You have strong attention to details and demonstrate good follow through on various tasks
- Bonus: good skills with nerf darts
What’s in it for you?
A high level of what we have to offer:
- Assigned a manager and mentor for the duration of your internship
- Internship Housing offered (at a small cost to you - sorry the pets have to stay home for the summer)
- Travel perks (pack your bags, lets go somewhere fun this weekend)
- Not a morning person? That's ok we offer flexible starting times(most engineers arrive about 9:00 AM)
- Jeans and t-shirts are the norm around the office, even our leadership team wears jeans
- Social events, community events and learning events
- Endless supply of soda, coffee and tea (a whole lot of food is around too)
You’ve applied now what?
We will review your application and if you are considered a fit, we will invite you to take a technical assessment. Those who pass the technical assessment will be invite to a final interview.
We are working to have all roles filled by end of spring 2018. We appreciate your interest and look forward to connecting soon.
Intern Program Dates: To ensure a consistent experience, we offer two different start dates. These dates accommodate varying schools schedules.
- Group 1: May 21st - August 10th, 2018
- Group 2: June 18th - September 7th, 2018
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.