PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR Parts is the global provider of aftermarket parts and services to support Kenworth, Peterbilt, DAF and TRP dealers around the world. This includes 18 distribution centers globally that support 2,200 dealerships and over 1,000,000 customers. Aftermarket support includes world class customer centers that deliver industry leading uptime in conjunction with our outstanding supply chain that delivers record levels of inventory availability for dealers and customers.
PACCAR Parts is searching for talented individuals to join our 2018 Summer Internship Program! We are pleased you are seeking an internship with PACCAR Parts and wish you the best of luck!
Internships include unique learning opportunities:
- Learn first-hand from the industry's top professionals
- Work directly with Managers and Senior Managers
- Develop mentoring relationships
- Gain valuable hands on experience
Helps in the creation of product information & images for all makes parts for the North American market having a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experiences. Researches competive information available in the public domain to procure part information needed for the all makes electronic catalog. Responsibilities include: photography of physical parts in the Marketing Photography Studio; research, identification and procurment of part specifications, cross reference and application information.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Photography: Support the creation of a robust product image library by taking hi-resolution images of parts within the Renton PDC Marketing Photography Studio.
- Product Information: Support the ongoing refinement of the all makes electronic catalog by researching customer-facing part specifications, competitive cross reference information, and vehicle application information.
- Perform miscellaneous project work and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Currently enrolled, returning or recent college graduate in Business or Technical field.
- Knowledge of heavy-duty truck or automotive parts and components desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Familiarity with customer requirements and catalog taxonomy.
- Understanding of databases, queries and data organization.
- Ability to effectively interface with multiple departments, suppliers and outside agencies.
- Strong PC skills to include Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Attitude of continuous improvement and ability to handle multiple priorities.