Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Are you passionate about Engineering and Engineering Program Management? Would you like a chance to apply what you have learned on a critical project? F5 Networks is offering the opportunity to join us on a summer internship. Interns at F5 work in collaboration with senior engineers who are eager to share knowledge as you contribute to the team.
In addition to participating on an interesting project, interns will be invited to our Seattle, WA headquarters to join in on our 3 day Boot Camp. At this event, you will have the opportunity to learn details about our most successful products. There will also be plenty of social events, allowing you to get to know leaders throughout the F5 organization and your fellow interns!
This is a partial technical/non-technical internship position designed to provide qualified students an opportunity to learn valuable knowledge in a hands-on manner collaborating with various engineering teams, managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. Youll work with Product Managers, Dev Managers, QA managers and various teams to undertake a challenging project that will provide the opportunity for you to learn about new technologies, develop or enhance your skills, and make significant contributions to F5. Specifically, you will get a chance to collaborate with peers, managers and team members across the organization to develop plans, coordinate work and keep the big picture of a project in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we encounter.
- Design, build and maintain the project plan
- Monitor progress to plan and design a recovery strategy if project deviates from baseline plan
- Assemble and publish effective status reports able to serve a variety of audiences from project team member to Executives
- Manage and facilitate team meetings and initiatives to effectively develop plans and achieve goals
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Applicants should be/possess:
- A current student enrolled in a technical discipline, preferably Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Approaching their Junior year or beyond at the time of the internship (exceptional Sophomore or Freshmen may be considered)
- Available for a 10-12 week internship between June and September of 2018
- Ability to communicate effectively across written, verbal and presentation formats
- Skills in analysis, critical thinking, conflict management and risk management
- Using MS Excel, Powerpoint, and Word.
Previous project work in the following, a plus:
- If applicable
Internships are an excellent way to get to know F5. Internships at F5 may lead to full-time employment opportunities, so if you are looking to be a member of an amazing, exciting company, you have come to the right place!
***Please note that we cannot sponsor work Visas for these positions.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.