General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Intern to join our Environmental Health and Safety team in San Diego. This position is available to undergraduate Junior and Senior students where it will provide hands-on practical, technical and industry training in a professional field. Under direct supervision, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable exposure interfacing with a variety of staff engineers while receiving direct mentoring from peers and management. The successful chosen candidate will work both independently and as a member of the Environmental Health and Safety team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist EH&S staff engineers with development/revision of environmental programs, policies and procedures as related to hazardous materials, hazardous waste and minimization, storm water and air quality to assist with the compliance of applicable federal , state and local regulations.
- Assist with and/or perform routine audits of required documentation, review for completeness and demonstration of compliance.
- Attend workplace hazardous assessments to assist with the identification of potential hazards in the manufacturing areas and engineering development labs.
- Assist with the development/update of Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP’s).
- Assist with the development of Hazardous Waste Minimization Plans.
- Attend and support training and/or drills on emergency procedures, hazardous materials/waste, incident/accident investigation, storm water discharge best management practices and hazardous work activities