TICO is looking for a qualified intern to gain experience through utilizing the education earned in their college curriculum and obtaining the hands on training and direction of our working environment. We seek an intern who can participate in the various stages of fleet maintenance, inventory control, supervisory roles and overall terminal management. This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in fleet management.
Logistics and Intermodal Transportation, Management, Project Management
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, jacks, hoists, etc. to perform maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment.
- Assist in setting up and dispatching vehicles/ equipment to customers.
- Follow Company service procedures and safety practices and utilize checklists to provide safe and optimally functioning equipment for customer operation.
- Perform regular inspections of equipment for safety compliance, damage and maintenance-related defects.
- Replace solid and pneumatic tires as needed.
- Recover disabled equipment.
- Clean inside and outside of tractor regularly in order to maintain neat appearance of leased fleet.
- Add oil, gasoline, inspect for damage to be referred to mechanics.
- Document work hours, vehicle/equipment rental hours, parts utilized, and work performed.
- Comply with Company/agency policy/procedures and maintain a safe, clean and safe work environment. Wear required personal protective equipment during the performance of job duties.
- Inspect equipment for acceptability to the customer, and manage problem resolution with customers/drivers of leased equipment.
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Suggest changes in working conditions, standard operating procedures and equipment utilization to increase efficiency, customer satisfaction and employee morale/productivity.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists peers and subordinate(s) in problem resolution.
- Confer with other managers and supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments and locations.
- Promote teamwork among Operations, Maintenance, and administrative support personnel.
- Proactively respond to opportunities and threats through the development of sound organizational plans, initiating change where necessary.
- Participate in the preparation of Confirmed Order Rental Reports (C.O.R.R.) and other required reports.
- Update Operations Manager daily on departmental work completed, as well as any departmental requirements.
Company is looking for an undergraduate student in the low country area who is seeking a degree in Business Administration. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with knowledge of operating the Microsoft Office Suite of products. Previous job/intern experience in the areas of Logistics and Management will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
Internship/ Part time job