This position will be exposed to the different areas (irrigation, nursery, agronomics, etc.) as well as the different functions of a store.
The SiteOne program is a progressive internship. Our interns will be responsible for spending time in each department of the wholesale distribution operation. You will spend time in the field, warehouse, shipping and receiving, counter sales, as well as shadow an Outside Sales Representative.
- Talent Focused: We recruit, develop, mentor and retain the best
- Customer Obsessed: We are relentless in making our customers successful
- Fast Moving: We hustle and make it happensafely
- Team Players: We respect and support each other and put team first
- Solution Oriented: We get the facts and solve problems; find win-wins
- Agents Of Change: We are always looking for the better way
- Professional: We do everything with quality and integrity
- Competitive: We have fun serving our customers and winning!
- Respond to customer questions concerning products, resolves a variety of customer service issues, and processes sales transactions.
- Respond to inquiries and assists customers with the sale of products over the telephone.
- Price incoming product and plant material.
- Assist with the unloading of trucks.
- Assist with inventory spot counts and all forms of inventory control at the branch.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the branch and stocking the work area with all necessary supplies.
- Other duties as assigned which may include driving company vehicle
- Ability to take direction and complete tasks
- Basic plant knowledge
- Ability to find and use resources
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds consistently
- Must be pursuing a degree in business/management/agriculture/horticulture discipline or an equivalent
combination of education
- GPA 2.5 or higher required
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.